At BellSoft, your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we have provided this Statement explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected, used and disclosed. This Privacy Statement relates to personal information you provide to BellSoft or that BellSoft collects in connection with subscriptions for BellSoft software running on the Microsoft Azure platform.
BellSoft may collect personal information in connection with your use of BellSoft Subscriptions, including, without limitation, when you:
- Create a user account (individual or corporate) with BellSoft;
- Make purchases relating to or register BellSoft Subscriptions; or
- Request support or other services.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal information collected from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address and language; and
- Information that BellSoft maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status and support information.
We may also supplement the personal information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties, including our business partners. We do this to help us improve the overall accuracy of the information and its completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
BellSoft uses personal information in an effort to enhance your customer experience. In addition, we may use personal information about you to:
- Fulfill Your Requests. If you request something from BellSoft, such as a product or service, a call back, or specific marketing or other materials, we may use the personal information you provide to respond your request. We or our representatives may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. BellSoft may use your personal information to notify you about product and service offerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you. BellSoft also may use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We may use your personal information to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. This Privacy Statement does not apply to our access to or handling of this information. The conditions regarding the handling and processing of that data is covered by the applicable agreement between you and BellSoft.
We will not use your personal information in a manner that is inconsistent with the purpose of its original collection, unless you have consented.
BellSoft will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others without your consent.
BellSoft may share personal information in the following ways:
- BellSoft may share personal information with business partners and service providers in order to support our business operations, such as (but not limited to) fulfilling your orders, following up on requests, providing support and assisting BellSoft with sales, marketing and communication initiatives. These business partners and service providers include, for example, distributors, resellers, payment processors, financial institutions, materials production and shipping companies, postal or government authorities and information technology service providers. Business partners and service providers are required by contract to keep the information received on behalf of BellSoft confidential, use reasonable security measures to protect it and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided to them.
- BellSoft may share personal information as required by law or legal process, such as responding to a duly authorized information request of a police or governmental authority, to enforce or protect the rights of BellSoft, when such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss as permitted by applicable law, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- BellSoft may also share personal information in the context of a business transaction involving part or all of BellSoft, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is BellSoft’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Following such a business transaction, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the use of that information.
In accordance with the laws of certain countries, you may have certain rights and choices regarding the personal information we collect and maintain about you, and how we communicate with you.
BellSoft gives you the ability to access, modify, or update some of your personal information online at any time. You may login and make changes to your information, such as your password, your contact information, your general preferences, and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also c ontact us via our F eedback Form and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided. However, note that changing or deleting information necessary for BellSoft to assist with support, services, and purchases may result in a delay or interruption in processing your requests. You can also exercise your rights and choices by contacting us as described below under “How to Contact Us.”
BellSoft intends to protect your personal information. We have implemented appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
BellSoft is a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, and technical systems that operate across borders. BellSoft may transfer your personal information to other BellSoft entities in the United States and elsewhere. The United States and other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country from which you initially provided the information. By providing BellSoft with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information. When transferring your personal information internationally, BellSoft will protect your personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement.
BellSoft reserves the right to make corrections, changes or amendments to this Privacy Statement at any time. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this website and the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Statement will be revised. Your continued use of BellSoft Subscriptions shall mean that you have consented to the Privacy Statement as changed, including with respect to personal information provided to us prior to the changes in the Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement for any changes or updates.
If you have any questions about BellSoft’s privacy practices or use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us via our F eedback Form or by mail at:
BellSoft, 111 North Market st., Suite 300, San Jose, CA, United States, 95113