Liberica JDK 8u345+1 Release Notes
The full version string for this update release is 8u345-b1. The version number is 8.
Liberica JDK 8u345+1
Please refer to the Oracle JDK 8 release notes for further information on JDK 8 features. This document further outlines the peculiarities of Liberica distribution as compared to Oracle JDK 8 distribution.
Supported Server and Desktop configurations
Liberica is supported on the following OSes:
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 (x86_64, x86, ARMv8*)
- Debian Linux 8, 9 (x86_64, x86, ARMv8*)
- Red Hat, Oracle Linux and CentOS 5.5+, 6.x, 7.x (x86_64, x86, ARMv8*)
- Alpine Linux x86_64 version is build with musl support.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, 15 and tumbleweed (x86_64, ARMv8*)
- Apple macOS 10.11+ (64 bit only)
- Solaris 10.9+ (SPARC and x86_64)*
- Microsoft Windows 2019, Windows 2016, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
* - version doesn’t have Client VM
Note: The minimum supported Linux kernel version is 2.6.18 and GLIBC version 2.5. LibericaFX works on all supported Ubuntu versions, Red Hat Linux family starting from 7.x and SUSE versions with GTK3 backend.
Liberica JDK and JRE distribution
Liberica JDK and JRE are distributed as .rpm, .zip, .deb and .tar.gz packages. Please select the one which is most appropriate for your purposes.
- Use Liberica JDK if your application requires javac or other tools and services not present in a JRE, or you would like to use jlink to create a trimmed-down version of the Java Runtime for your particular needs.
- Use Liberica JRE for all other purposes.
Liberica 8 introduces all new features supported by OpenJDK 8 on Linux x64
By default, the Liberica uses Server VM. Server VM and Client VM can be enabled with -server and -client command line options, respectively. In case the deployment requires to minimize the footprint, it may be beneficial to use Minimal VM, which emphasises on a minimal footprint. It has C1 JIT compiler only, Serial GC and no serviceability features. In a JRE it can be enabled in runtime with -minimal command line option.
Linux x86_64, Linux x86, Apple macOS x86_64, Microsoft Windows x86_64, Microsoft Windows x86 versions of Liberica 8 also contains LibericaFX. On macOS, LibericaFX works starting with 10.10+.
BellSoft Liberica follows the security baselines for Oracle Java SE. Please refer to the Oracle documentation for a list of issues fixed in a given release.
|8290832||It is no longer possible to change “user.dir” in the JDK8|
|8291568||Bump update version of OpenJDK: 8u345|