The full version string for this update release is 8u275-b01. The version number is 8u275.
Liberica JDK 8u275+1 for Embedded
Please refer to the Oracle JDK 8 release notes for further information on JDK 8 features. This document further outlines the peculiarities of Liberica distribution as compared to Oracle JDK 8 distribution.
Supported Server and Desktop configurations
Liberica is supported on the following OSes:
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 (x86_64, x86, ARMv8*)
- Debian Linux 8, 9 (x86_64, x86, ARMv8*)
- Red Hat, Oracle Linux and CentOS 5.5+, 6.x, 7.x (x86_64, x86, ARMv8*)
- Alpine Linux x86_64 version is build with musl support.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, 15 and tumbleweed (x86_64, ARMv8*)
* - version doesn't have Client VM
Note: The minimum supported Linux kernel version is 2.6.18 and GLIBC version 2.5. LibericaFX works on all supported Ubuntu versions, Red Hat Linux family starting from 7.x and SUSE versions with GTK3 backend.
Liberica JDK and JRE distribution
Liberica JDK and JRE are distributed as .rpm, .deb and .tar.gz packages. Please select the one which is most appropriate for your purposes.
- Use Liberica JDK if your application requires javac or other tools and services not present in a JRE, or you would like to use jlink to create a trimmed-down version of the Java Runtime for your particular needs.
- Use Liberica JRE for all other purposes.
Liberica 8 introduces all new features supported by OpenJDK 8 on Linux x64
By default, the Liberica uses Server VM. Server VM and Client VM can be enabled with -server and -client command line options, respectively. In case the deployment requires to minimize the footprint, it may be beneficial to use Minimal VM, which emphasises on a minimal footprint. It has C1 JIT compiler only, Serial GC and no serviceability features. In a JRE it can be enabled in runtime with -minimal command line option.
Linux x86 version of Liberica 8 also contains LibericaFX.
BellSoft Liberica follows the security baselines for Oracle Java SE. Please refer to the Oracle documentation for a list of issues fixed in a given release.
|8250861||Crash in MinINode::Ideal(PhaseGVN*, bool)|