Liberica JDK Download Center
The best alternative to Oracle JDK
Download Liberica JDK: free, supported and 100% open source.
Why choose Liberica JDK
Develop for any modern architecture
(x86 64/32 bit, ARM 64/32 bit, PowerPC, SPARC) and OS (Linux, including Alpine Linux, Windows, macOS, Solaris).
Enjoy complete safety and security
Prompt response and performance engineering to protect valuable data. Update cycle: 6 releases/year concurrently with Oracle JDK.
Be sure everything works as intended
All binaries are verified with the Technology Compatibility Kit (TCK) for Java™ issued by Oracle.
Save disk space and computing power
with the smallest images for deploying Docker containers and microservices. Or just keep it all in a multi-cloud environment.
Use the version of Java™ you prefer
Enhanced long-term support for most popular versions with a guarantee of at least 8 years of Liberica JDK lifetime.
Take advantage of advanced tools
JFR and Mission Control for monitoring,
Auto updater, JavaFX, and many others.
Download Liberica JDK
Other ways to install Liberica JDK
Frequently asked questions
- Cloud-oriented and one of the most lightweight development kits in terms of disk space to produce Java apps.
- Full support for creating and running Java software on the largest number of present-day architectures, also fit for microservices. Liberica JDK works on x86 64/32 bit, ARM 64/32 bit, PowerPC, and SPARC.
- Safety based on open source development, where every bug fixed for one client gets patched for all users in the next update.
Updating Liberica JDK is possible in an automated manner under a commercial support license without the need to redownload the binaries. For Linux: DEB/RPM, yum/apt repository. For Windows: AU bundled as part of the installer.
BellSoft Product Discovery API allows for quick and convenient installation of Liberica JDK.
- LibericaFX, the supported and updated version of OpenJFX, in LTS and the latest releases.
- Device IO API module in Liberica JDK Full 11 (LTS) for ARMv7 (Raspberry Pi).
- New enhanced pseudo-random number generators.
- Features for macOS: a new rendering pipeline, AArch64 port.
- Deprecating dated features: RMI activation, Security manager, applet API, experimental AOT, and JIT compilers.
- New APIs, including enhanced Vector API, Foreign Function, and Memory API.
- Other useful features and tweaks to make programming on Java™ more comfortable.
- By including or excluding components like JFX and JFR.
- By the kind and speed of provided support.
- By update rate and speed.
- By security.
- By features.